History

Our springs production Ing. Hugo Sampl GmbH arose from operation, which dealt with the production of watches of Mr. Johann Sampl and was founded in 1945. After war, Johann Sampl produced spiral springs for moving coil mechanisms which were used in the reconstruction in power plants. The machines and tools to produce those spiral springs were designed and built by Mr. Sampl himself.

Subsequently, springs for the electrical industry were also produced from round wire. Hugo Sampl sen. took over the company in 1975 with his wife Irmtraud Sampl and developed it. He developed and built universal spring machines for producing big series of springs. 1991 the production changed its location and started in a new 700 m² hall in Gußwerk.

In 1991, Mr. Hugo Sampl jun. joined the operation. 1994 the development of the first electronically controlled spring machine took place. A cooperation with an Austrian electronics manufacturer, which provided the electronics and control of the machines, emerged. In the year 2000 a 2000 m² large production hall in Gußwerk was built and 4 years later the still existing GmbH was founded. Directed by Ing. Hugo Sampl jun. and DI (FH) Roland Harrer, springs and most modern products are also produced due to our homemade and -constructed, electronically controlled spring coiling machines.